Quality workmanship is at the forefront of beautiful signage, but beyond the beauty of the final product, it is important to make sure your message stands out and is seen by your intended audience. This is where thinking outside the box can come in handy, to truly elevate your signage design.
At Resolve, we have years of experience coming up with creative ways to make signage stand out.
Here are a few tricks we’ve learned along the way to bring a new layer of visibility and impact to your next signage project.
How to create signage with impact?
– Lighting: Traditionally, signage illumination has the perfunctory purpose of ensuring the sign glows white, making it visible at night. These days, however, modern technology has elevated the applications of sign lighting. This is due, in part, to LED and wi-fi technology.
We are now able to produce large-scale, colourfully illuminated signs that can be operated via a remote control, and specialised software. Meaning, you can change the colour and actions of your sign illumination from anywhere in the world.
In a sea of white CBD sky-signs, imagine being able to change your signage to glow green for St Patrick’s Day, red in recognition of Red Nose Day or rainbow colours in celebration of Pride Day events.
By adding this layer of technology to your signs, you can elevate your company messaging and demonstrate relevance and support of current events.
– Location: Big signage at the front of your business may not necessarily reach your audience if you are located on a quiet street. Instead, look to spend money on signage that will make an impact. For example, if your business backs onto a freeway or main road, consider putting large signage at the rear of the business so that it’s visible to the main road street traffic. This way, you will be reaching an audience that may otherwise miss your front premise messaging.
– Scale: When planning your signage, consider if you want the sign to be visible to foot traffic, or road traffic, to people walking past, or to people a kilometre away. Do you need to really stand out and offer that wow factor? Consider scaling up your signage. We can create pylon signs to any dimensions, as well as integrated TV screens, so you can change the content and display in real-time.
– Unique material: When it comes to constructing unique signage, we are not limited to traditional manufacturing materials. We have produced signs using reclaimed timber and recycled sleepers for parklands locations, so that the signage looks in keeping with the surroundings. Likewise, when we have created high-end signage for premium locations, we can utilise premium finishes, such as brass or gold-dip to elevate the finished product.
– Look beyond the sign: While we are a signage company, at the end of the day, our goal is to ensure our customers get noticed. With this in mind, on occasion, we have encouraged a client to paint their entire façade to match the colours of the sign. This approach not only draws attention to the building, but it further galvanises their brand identity on a large scale and is a unique extension of the signage reach.
At Resolve, we love a challenge, and we have great minds at work constantly coming up with new and innovative ways to deliver beautiful signage that will get attention. If you have a unique signage project in mind, give us a call. We’d love to work with you to create something truly special.
To book in your next signage project, call and speak to us today on 0401 564 556, or send me an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
No project is too complicated; we specialise in coming up with creative solutions to even the most complex requirements. Click here to see some of our previous work.